When you have two sources of spatial data – such as Airbnb locations and EV charging point locations – and you want to analyse the spatial relationships between them, such as determine how many Airbnbs are within a certain distance from an EV charging point, Tableau’s spatial functions can be extremely useful.
In this video, I walk through the above scenario and show:
- How to connect to multiple sources of data
- How to perform high-level visual analysis using map layers
- How to create a spatial join between two data sources
- How to use MAKEPOINT(), BUFFER() and DISTANCE() spatial functions
- How to make your spatial analysis dynamic with the help of parameters
I hope this was useful. If you have any questions, feel free to add them below the video on YouTube or contact me on LinkedIn.
Latest YouTube video: 2 minute overview of this new 2022.3 feature and examples use cases