When you have two sources of spatial data – such as Airbnb locations and EV charging point locations – and you want to analyse the spatial relationships between them, such as determine how many Airbnbs are within a certain distance from an EV charging point, Tableau’s spatial functions can be extremely useful.
In this video, I walk through the above scenario and show:
- How to connect to multiple sources of data
- How to perform high-level visual analysis using map layers
- How to create a spatial join between two data sources
- How to use MAKEPOINT(), BUFFER() and DISTANCE() spatial functions
- How to make your spatial analysis dynamic with the help of parameters
I hope this was useful. If you have any questions, feel free to add them below the video on YouTube or contact me on LinkedIn.
Latest YouTube video
This video tutorial steps through how to create a dot plot in Tableau.